This July, we’re kicking off R/GA Futures — an 8 week internship with R/GA London that will see interns from different disciplines collaborate together to create their best work. R/GA is a place where everyone can thrive, regardless of their background or identity.
At R/GA, we design businesses and brands for a more human future. For our Story Design department, this means we create brand campaigns, digital experiences, narratives and concepts through a human centric approach.
As a Copywriter Intern, you’ll be working side-by-side with top tier industry talent, contributing to live client briefs while receiving mentorship, training, and exposure to work that pushes boundaries and sets new standards. We are looking for potential, paired with fresh thinking and a love for ideas.
What’s in it for you?
- An 8 week paid internship, working on live projects for R/GA clients.
- A bespoke internship brief with the aim of creating a portfolio piece.
- Full experience as a member of the Story Design Department, accessing all-things R/GA including our rituals and culture.
R/GA including our rituals and culture.
- Access to R/GA U for extended learning and development.
- Regular check-ins and work reviews with R/GA’s Creative Directors.
- Access to R/GA’s unique approach, methodologies and processes.
- Mentorship and guidance from VD Department leads and R/GA’s Head of Talent.
- A ‘design buddy’ to help with the day-to-day questions.
- The opportunity to collaborate across multiple disciplines.
What will you be doing?
- Participating in concepting sessions.
- Collaborating with strategists, experience designers, visual designers, producers and creative teams.
- Creating concepts and crafting comms messaging
- Getting comfortable with multiple styles of writing across different media platforms
- Getting your hands dirty with new technologies that can unlock innovative solutions.
- Shadowing creative teams as they present work to clients and helping them implement client feedback.
- Auditing and benchmarking competitors to form unique POVs.
- Getting to understand new media platforms that can unlock innovative solutions.
- Honing your communication skills by presenting work to senior colleagues.
- Gaining experience and skills to further your career.
- Creating meaningful connections with colleagues.
What should I send you?
1. Show us you have a taste for copywriting. We don’t expect a professional portfolio from you (not yet), but we need you to show us your copywriting related skills. This could be anything: something you have written, a personal project, or the poems you curate on your Instagram profile.
Send us a link and surprise us.
2. Show us how you think. In 2022, the world is a very complicated place. Often, we spend so much time thinking about the BIG things, that we forget the little things that make up our day-to-day lives. As a way for us to get to know you a little better, take a moment to think about one way you could improve the day-to-day lives of the people around you. With reference to technology (or not!). Your idea should fit in one slide, sent as a PDF file.