This July, we’re kicking off R/GA Futures — an 8 week internship with R/GA London that will see interns from different disciplines collaborate together to create their best work. R/GA is a place where everyone can thrive, regardless of their background or identity.
At R/GA, we design businesses and brands for a more human future. For our Experience Design, that means understanding people, culture and technology in ways that can create insight-driven experiences that engage and empower our audiences.
As an Experience Designer Intern, you’ll be working side-by-side with top tier industry talent, contributing to live client briefs while receiving mentorship, training, and exposure to work that pushes boundaries and sets new standards. We are looking for potential, paired with fresh thinking and a love for design.
What’s in it for you?
- An 8 week paid internship, working on live projects for R/GA clients.
- A bespoke internship brief with the aim of creating a portfolio piece.
- Full experience as a member of the Experience Design Department, accessing all-things
R/GA including our rituals and culture.
- Access to R/GA U for extended learning and development.
- Regular check-ins and work reviews with R/GA’s Creative Directors.
- Access to R/GA’s unique approach, methodologies and processes.
- Mentorship and guidance from VD Department leads and R/GA’s Head of Talent.
- A ‘design buddy’ to help with the day-to-day questions.
- The opportunity to collaborate across multiple disciplines.
What will you be doing?
- Participating in ideation sessions.
- Collaborating with strategists, visual designers, copywriters and creative teams.
- Generating new design concepts and approaches.
- Preparing written concept descriptions, research and insights.
- Getting your hands dirty with new technologies that can unlock innovative solutions.
- Getting comfortable with multiple experience design tools, including Figma, prototyping tools like Principle, Invision and presentation formats like Google Slides.
- Shadowing senior talent as they present work to clients and helping them implement client feedback.
- Honing your presentation skills by presenting your work to senior colleagues.
- Collaborating with Producers to make sure your team delivers great work on schedule.
- Gaining experience and skills to further your career.
- Creating meaningful connections with colleagues.
What should I send you?
1. Show us your eye for design. We don’t expect a professional portfolio from you (not yet), but we need you to show us your design-related skills. This could be anything: something you have designed, a personal project, or your Instagram profile. Send us a link and surprise us.
2. Show us how you think. In 2022, the world is a very complicated place. Often, we spend so much time thinking about the BIG things, that we forget the little things that make up our day-to-day lives. As a way for us to get to know you a little better, take a moment to think about one way you could improve the day-to-day lives of the people around you. With reference to technology (or not!). Your idea should fit in one slide, sent as a PDF file.